Monday, August 16, 2010

I Now Understand Why Gyms Have Mirrors Everywhere

Devon assigned me cardio for today. It's been awhile since he has had to since I was doing the marathon training for my cardio for awhile. He assigned 50 minutes on a cross-trainer in zone 2. Now, he has *never* referred to *anything* at the gym as a cross-trainer before, so I replied and asked what that was. He did not respond. I asked another trainer, Jay. Jay said it was an elliptical. Do you know how many times Devon and I have discussed ellipticals? Like a bazillion and five. Do you know how many times he's called it *anything* other than an elliptical, let alone a cross-trainer? Zero. So, I did the cardio on the elliptical.

Here are my stats:

Calories Burned: 517 (Elliptical)/586 (HR Monitor)
Total Time: 50:00
Total Distance: 6.11 miles
Ending HR: 148 (no cool down)


I did not enjoy my cardio today for several reasons--1) it's been awhile, I've been lazy; 2) I had been eating like a carb-loving fool for some time now (even though I kicked my diet's butt today); and 3) I was SO SORE from the lifting yesterday!!! About 30 minutes into it, I still wasn't loving it and wanted to stop. Then I happened to glance left and caught a glimpse of myself in the wall mirror. And saw my stomach. And got a whole new determination to complete the 50 minutes. And that, my friends, is why gyms have mirrors everywhere. It works.

I also realized one of my many gym fears today. While wiping the sweat off of my face with my sweat towel I caught my nose stud and nearly ripped it out. There was pain. There was blood. Luckily I had completed my workout and was talking to ATM (Adorably Tough Melissa) when it happened!

Side note: I was asking ATM if she would be willing to train me if I became dissatisfied with ABD. She said yes, but thought the question was odd. I explained to her that both BTOT and HCL make no secret of the fact that they would never train me. She laughed, and said she would and would be tough enough to set me straight. Tempting, ATM... You catching this, ABD??? Yeah, you *should* be scared...

Next workout: Lifting, either Tuesday or Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment