Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lifting Sunday & New Lifting Gloves!!!

Today was a lifting day! Since I awoke at 0600 yesterday, I decided to continue the trend and wake up at 0630 this morning, making tomorrow's return to an alarm at 0530 more tolerable. I think given the ability to go to bed at a reasonable hour (which I did both nights--despite MamaWags' protests and repeated attempts to get me to go out with her and a bunch size 0 college girls), this is a nice plan. Since I was up so early, I decided to lift before church.

The gym is EMP-TY at 0800 on a Sunday morning. I love it!!! Here is the lifting (all supersets):

Squat Press x 3s x 12r @ 300lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Side Step-ups to Balance x 3s x 12r @ 25-30lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down) (25 lb DBs.)

Seated Leg Curls x 3s x 12r @ 100 lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Overhead Squats x 3s x 12r @ BW lbs (keep you hands straight above your head, 2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)

Flat DB Flyes x 3s x 12r @ 20lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
BOSU Push-ups Ball Side x 3s x 12r @ BW (black base down, blue side up, 2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)

Seated Row x 3s x 12r @ 60lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Bent-over DB Row x 3s x 12r @ 25-30lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down) (30 lb DBs.)

DB Side Raises x 3s x 12r x 7.5lbs (2 seconds up, 2 seconds down)
Alternating Arm Seated Shoulder Press-FM x 3s x 12r @ 35lbs (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)

Hanging Leg Raises 3s x 15r @ BW (2 seconds up, 1 second hold, 3 seconds down)


I feel great after today's workout! I love when that happens! I will say that if you were wondering what muscles will be the most sore after running for the first time in a month, they are EXACTLY the muscles used during the Squat Press. Ow-ey ow owsas!!!!!

On an unrelated note, I bought my first pair of lifting gloves last week. Previously, I used either no gloves or a pair of gloves left over from my deployment (Devon said they were fine). I bought the Harbinger Women's Lifting Gloves. They are only $9.99 at Dick's Sporting Goods--what a deal!!! I also purchased my own set of Lifting Straps as Devon has frequently forgotten to leave them for me lately. I'm not gonna lie: I feel a little more legit now. Anyways, I used them for the first time Friday (but completely forgot to write about them in my post!!!). What. A. Difference!!! My lifting experience is WAAAAAAY better. The other gloves I was wearing were a bit loose and holding dumbbells was more difficult. These snug fit gloves make lifting so much better!!! I told Devon and he smiled and said that he will give me heavier weights now... Whoa, whoa, whoa...wait a minute...slow down there, buddy...

Next workout: cardio tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment