Monday, August 23, 2010

I'd Forgetten What Healthy Felt Like

It's Cardio Monday! Devon assigned one of the most boring-est cardio routines EVER:

Cross-Trainer: 50 minutes, zone 2 (Recall that the cross-trainer is the elliptical with moving arms.)


Luckily I was in a *really* good mood today when I got to the gym, so I embraced the 50 minutes of zone 2 boring-ness and rocked it. While rocking it (approximately 35 minutes in), it occurred to me that I felt GREAT. It has been awhile since I have felt so good whilst exercising. The next thought was: "...and I've been eating perfectly on the diet plan for one week now." Duh. Eating Healthy = Better Workouts. Let me repeat that and make it stand out:

EATING HEALTHY = BETTER WORKOUTS

It's so simple. Yet, I repeatedly forget.

My stats from today:

Calories Burned: 512 (Cross-Trainer)/549 (HR Monitor)
Distance: 5.53 miles
Total Time: 52:00 (including 2 minutes of cool-down)
Ending HR: 135


Next workout: tomorrow with Devon! I made him a present... It's not a big deal--not really even a present, more of a something--but I'll wait to post about it *just* in case he actually reads this (which he NEVER does).

No comments:

Post a Comment