Monday, November 2, 2009

"Should I Just Bring the Crash Cart Out Now???"

Yes, loyal fan base. Zak the Trainer approached my treadmill during my warm-up for today and asked me the title question of this post. Now, for those who occasionally "feel bad" for ZTT for having to deal with me...he dishes it out as good as he takes it. That's all I'm sayin'. :)

Today was crazy-high-intensity-because-ZTT-thinks-I-can-do-crazy-stuff-like-this-and-I-can-but-for-serious-ZTT!-day. It was:

5 min warm up, {4 min zone 3, 2 min zone 4, repeat 7 times}, 5 min cool down.


Now, let me be clear. Zone 3 = a very fast walk or jog about 4.5 mph. Zone 4 = full out run at 5.5-6 mph. I never run that fast. But I did today for 14 minutes over seven 2-min intervals. (I will say that I feel really good that I was able to run that fast for that long...but that is beside the point, ZTT is still crazy). My intervals were basically, walk 3.5 mph at 0.0, then 2.0, then 4.0, then 6.0 then 8.0 inclines for the first 3 minutes of the zone 3. For the last minute, I dropped the incline to 0.0 and ran at 4.5 mph. The first 30 seconds of the zone 4 portions were at 5.5 mph and the last minute and a half was at 6 mph. This seemed to keep my HR where it needed to be. I stepped off that treadmill red-faced and out of breath. Awesome. :)

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 565 (Treadmill)/528 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 3.61
Total Time: 52:00 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 135


Next workout tomorrow with ZTT. We will be doing measurements! Excited to see inches lost and percentage body fat decrease...

No comments:

Post a Comment