Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Taste of What May Come???

I spent this past weekend in Harrisonburg, VA at Massanetta Springs Camp & Conference Center for the Crossroads Church of the Nazarene Annual Ladies' Retreat. I had a lovely time with a quite lovely group of women!!! As determined ahead of time by Julie and myself, we ran/walked on Saturday. We invited women on Friday night to join us and determined that butt-early Saturday morning was better than during the 5-hour break Saturday afternoon (by "we" I mean everyone but me--I was all for sleeping). When all was said and done, Julie, Eva, Amy and I all awoke early and met at 0630 for a walk/run. Julie and I did more walking and Eva and Amy did more running, but we all managed to stay together for the whole time. It was so much fun! And hopefully a taste of what is to come for the Catonsville Chapter of the Sole Sisters... It's looking like 5 or 5:30 am on Mondays will be our weekly meeting time, but that is still very tentative! I had such a great time and I hope that we get this thing off of the ground running (pun very much so intended!). For the intervals, I ran 3 minutes, then walked 2 minutes. Including the 5 minute warm up walk, we went for 53 minutes total.

Also, I was a rock star with the food. I could not stick to my strict plan perfectly, but came pretty close. Even with Cracker Barrel for lunch today...Mmmm....

Next workout is cardio tomorrow: High Intensity Training--3 minutes zone 2, 1 1/2 minutes zone 4, repeat 8 times. Try to use speed instead of inclines to shift the zones.

No comments:

Post a Comment