Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Outdoor Run Domination

Today Amanda F.* and I dominated our outdoor run. In the rain. Which at one point was very hail-like (i.e. the raindrops bounced on the pavement). ZTT instructed me to do intervals of 10 minutes running, then 3 minutes walking. I honestly didn't think I could do it. I mean, I know I could do one, but it was the subsequent intervals that concerned me.

Amanda and I set off, well-bundled and excited. We did a 5 minute warm-up walk then did the intervals. We were able to do the intervals as Zak dictated for the whole 3.64 miles we ended up going. We did 4 intervals and a 5-minute warm-up walk so we went for right about 54 minutes. That's just under 15 minute mile. This confuses me since I can run/walk much faster than that when I run 4 minutes, walk 3. Hmm... There was the moment I ran in place while Amanda tried to help a man in a car find something, but it didn't take THAT long...

Here is the route:



Either way, I was able to do it..and it wasn't that bad! I feel like I could totally start that way on Saturday, but if I can go faster with shorter intervals...? Will bounce this off of Zak and see what he says...

Also, I tried the cran-razz flavored shot blocks that ZTT bought for me and they were super-tasty! They also never bothered my stomach during the run. I will eat them on Saturday before the half!!!

*I feel the need to add an initial since I have so many friends named Amanda. Off of the top of my head: Amanda F., Amanda J., Amanda M. and Amanda T.

No comments:

Post a Comment