Friday, November 27, 2009

"Give Me ONE Session With Her..."

Is it bad when other trainers make comments like: "Give me *one* session with her, Zak. It'll only take one..."? I think maybe it is...

I went to workout today and spent a few minutes chatting with ZTT about a backlogs of emails that he had yet to respond to. I maintain that email is the *least* intrusive form of communication I can utilize. ZTT is able to read them and respond at his leisure. Today Zak _joked_ about giving me an email cap of 8 per week, any additional would be automatically deleted. Ha ha, Zak. Implement that and I will start calling. Your cell phone number is on your business card. I'm just saying...

But I digress. Zak and I were discussing the Black Friday deals at Lifetime. One of them is to buy one test and get one free. This is a really good deal, but as I told Zak, I do not want any tests. He informed me that I *will* be getting tests at some point, maybe not now so I should buy them now and use them in the 6 month period allowed after purchase. I again told him that I did not want the [stupid] test and I told him why. This test calculates your heat rates zones. I am observant and have noticed that EVERYONE who takes the test ends up having to work harder to stay in lower zones. What I mean by this is typically, a HR of 153 is the bottom of zone 3 for me. After the test it would be higher. See? You wouldn't want the test either. I am quite happy with my zones. Brandon the Other Trainer (yes, there are more than 2, but now I can call him BTOT ::grin::) came over at this point. I asked Brandon why I would want to get my zones tested. He gave some story about being successful (I wasn't really listening). I said, 57 pounds, Brandon, 57 pounds. He said that it could have been 65. Oh! BTOT! Speaking my language. The three of us chatted about this a bit longer and I may have been my sassy (ZTT's word not mine) self. Brandon turned to Zak and asked for one session with me with an evil personal trainer grin on his face. Note to self: Never train with BTOT. He will bring the pain.

Also, I decided to tell ZTT that I feel like I am ever-so-slightly turning toward the slippery slope. I am nowhere near it yet, but I feel like I used to spend my zone 2 intervals at the top of zone 2 and now it is at the bottom. Things like that. And I ate poorly in NYC and then on Thanksgiving. I am OK with these conscious decisions, but I feel like I need to get back to strict quick! I also gently reminded (or perhaps sassily, to use his word) ZTT that he is supposed to be tough with me. I told him I wasn't going to tell him what I ate on Thanksgiving and he totally let me... ::sigh:: He really needs to get my butt in gear. For serious.

Ok...enough stories. On to the workout! I lifted and did 30 minutes of cardio: {3 minutes zone 2, 2 minutes zone 3} 6 times.

Lifting Routine:

Squat Press: 200 lbs, 15 reps (after the last two sets walking lunges across the room and back, then rest)
SB Chest Press: 17.5 lb dumbbells, 12 reps (last set alternating)
DB Deadlifts (straight leg): 20 lb dumbbells, 12 reps
Cable 1 Arm Row: 32.5 lbs, 12 reps
Roman Chair: 10 reps (only 2 sets)
FM Shoulder Press: 25 lbs, 12 reps
Assisted Chin Ups: 120 lbs assistance, 12 reps
Assisted Dips: 115 assistance, 12 reps
Rope Upper Back: 37.5 lbs, 12 reps
Chest Fly: 65 lbs, 12 reps


Cardio Stats:

Calories Burned: 262 (Treadmill)/629 (HR Monitor in total)
Total Miles: 1.99
Total Time: 30:00/1:19:06 (in total)
Ending Heart Rate: 128

Zak gave me workouts for today, tomorrow and Sunday. He claims the rest will come tonight... We'll see. I plan on swimming tomorrow unless the pool is crowded:

Friday - repeat weight routine & cardio 30 min (3 min zone 2, 2 min zone 3, repeat....any piece of cardio equipment you want)
Saturday - cardio 30 min (steady state zone 2, you can walk at an incline or run) OR swim ~25 minutes (try to maintain a consistent pace for 6 laps if you can then rest no more than 5 minutes and repeat)
Sunday - repeat weight routine & cardio 28 min (HIT, 3 min zone 2, 1 min zone 4, repeat)


Oh, and...I am getting the test. ZTT 1, Erin 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment