Saturday, October 31, 2009

*Grumble, grumble* STEP-MILL *Grumble, grumble*

Boo. (<--gratuitous halloween reference).

Today was 30 minutes in zone 2, followed by 15 minutes on the step-mill at level 4. For those who do not know, a step-mill is a stairmaster. A machine where you continually walk UPSTAIRS but never get anywhere. A machine created and developed by, or at the very least utilized by, the devil himself (or herself). I don't know why anyone would like the step-mill. I mean, you know what I love? Escalators. You know what I love more than escalators? Elevators. For serious. So when I began training with Zak the Trainer I told him about my hatred of the step-mill and suggested it be used as a punishment for me if I do not stick to my food and exercise plan. So, when Zak asked me if I would do the step-mill, I reminded him of this. He asked if I could handle it for 15 minutes. Apparently, I cannot say no to Zak the Trainer so I said yes. Sigh. It wasn't *that* bad. But when I see him next, I will tell him it was... :)

My Stats:

Treadmill:
Calories Burned: 308 (Treadmill)/281 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 1.85
Total Time: 35:00

Step-Mill:
Total Miles: 0.89
Calories Burned: 135 (Step-mill)/448 (HR Monitor-in total, including above)
Floors Climbed: 43

Total time of workout: 51:37
Ending Heart Rate: 128


Yes, 43 flights of stairs AND I should really add on the TWO flights I climb to get to the exercise floor. Yes, that's correct--Lifetime put the exercise floor UPSTAIRS. There's an elevator, but I am fairly certain that if ZTT ever found out that I stepped foot in it he would make me PAY. So I don't...EVER. Wow...this post was a bit whiny...

Next workout: Monday. Zone 3 & 4 cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment