Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What I Eat

Some people have requested the details of my food plan. I want to caveat this to say that Zak the Trainer developed this FOR ME based upon my resting metabolic rate and foods I like/want to eat. It is roughly a 1800 calorie a day diet.

Breakfast: special k with skim milk, grapes
Snack #1: fiber one bar, yogurt, apple
Lunch: tuna sandwich, almonds, pear
Snack #2: cottage cheese, strawberries
Dinner: 6 oz of either steak, chicken or pork, green beans or carrots, 1/2 cup cooked whole grain pasta


Some notes:

+ All of the fruit can be interchanged or whatever. I eat the strawberries latest in the day because berries have complex carbohydrates which are good pre-workout.
+ The yogurt I eat is Dannon Light n Fit. I find it to be tasty. Also, I get the 6 pack which are smaller than the singles.
+ The tuna sandwich can also be two starches and 4-5 oz of protein (e.g. chicken breast and a dinner roll)
+ The cottage cheese could be greek yogurt, but I have never tried it and frankly, it frightens me...unsure why.
+ Again the vegetables for dinner can be interchanged with whatever.
+ The whole grain pasta can be substituted with a small baked potato or sweet potato, or a 1/2 cup of brown rice.


I also drink about 10-14 glasses of water per day (that's 5-7 bottles).

Hope this helps to answer any questions you may have had!

No comments:

Post a Comment