Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Perfect Weather, Perfect Outdoor Run...

Today was the outdoor run! It was great! I feel so good now about Sunday's 10K. I have a plan and I feel like it is achievable... Yessssss.

When I showed up at the gym today I got super apprehensive. I really don't want to get winded and tired and slow walk the end. It is a big fear of mine. But Zak the Trainer is AWESOME. And he set me up with 4 minute run, 3 minute walk intervals. And he timed it the whole time so all I had to do was run, walk and chit chat (which I do so well). It was good. I feel like I can definitely do the 10K at that pace. I mapped out the route on mapmyrun and I think I got it...~4.5 miles:

It was just supposed to be the Columbia Gateway Loop...but we missed a turn... :) We went from about 7:10pm until 8:15ish...so 1 hr 5 minutes? For a pace of about 4.15 mph. Not bad. I'll take it. :) (Disclaimer-the times are complete guesses...but I think in the ballpark).

Workout plan for the week:

Friday: Lifting and 30 minutes cardio (zones 2 & 3)
Sunday: 10K!!! And lifting.
Monday (optional, pending brother visit): Cardio--25 minutes zone 2, then 25 minutes zone 3.


Also, I have food plans for Saturday night and Sunday morning before the 10K. Basically, an extra serving of carbs on Saturday and cottage cheese and fruit and oatmeal before the race!

YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment