Monday, October 26, 2009

The Next Day...

...

:)! So I was not all that sore after the MCM 10K! I wore shoes with a slight heel and that probably wasn't the best idea since my legs were a touch sore, but really not too much more than usual. :)

Then I went to work out today.

The assignment was cardio: 5 min warm-up, 25 min zone 2, 25 min zone 3, 5 min cool down. I did the entire zone 2 period at an incline of 6.0 and a speed of 3.2. My heart rate would NOT go higher than zone 2, despite my best efforts. When the time came to switch to zone 3 I had two options: higher incline or faster speed. I really hate inclines. So I dropped it down to an incline of 0.0 and began running. Perhaps not the best choice as my legs indicated, but whatever. I ran for 15 minutes with absolutely zero stamina issues, then walked at 6.0 for the last 10 minutes. Since my heart rate was already up, it stayed in zone 3. Now I hurt. :) But in a great way! ;) Here's to hoping tomorrow with ZTT isn't too painful...

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 579 (Treadmill)/544 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 3.41
Total Time: 60:00 (including cool down)/1:04:43 (in total)
Ending Heart Rate: 132


Next workout tomorrow! And weigh-in! And I have a feeling it is going to be a good one...

No comments:

Post a Comment