Thursday, October 8, 2009

One of the Many Reasons I Love My Gym

Today I did my Thursday Workout, a.k.a. Strength + 30 minutes of Cardio (zone 2 & 3, inclines from 6.0-8.0, speed steady at 3.2mph), a.k.a. last time I go to the gym until October 20th!

As some of you may recall, when I did the Compound Row on Tuesday, the little pin thing was broken and I had to do 80 pounds instead of 75 (Tangent: If, like me, you want to know how I was able to get the pin to do one weight and not another...the compound row has TWO pins, one does things like 35, 50, 65 and 80 pounds, the other only does 5 and 10--it's a way to add partial weights in between. The pin for the additional weights was broken, so instead of 65 + 10=75, I did 80.). The pin was actually stick partially inside the 10 slot, so I called over one of the trainers and she used her big muscles to remove it, but it was bent and thus unusable. No joke, I go to lift today and there was a new pin. Some of you may be thinking: "Not that impressive, Erin. Gyms are supposed to do that." Yes, yes they are, but they don't always do it in a timely fashion...and I appreciate you, Lifetime Fitness in Columbia. ::wink::

Ok, so my strength circuit:

Cardio warm-up, 5 minutes
FM Squats, 100 lbs
FM Chest Press, 25 lbs
Seated Leg Curls, 75 lbs
Compound Row, 75 lbs
Chest Fly, 50 lbs
Bar Tricep Pushdown, 25 lbs
Bar Bicep Curls, 20 lbs
Shoulder Press, 20 lbs


Then I went to the treadmill for 30 minutes (plus cool down). Per Zak the Trainer, I varied the inclines from 6.0 to 8.0 and kept a steady pace of 3.2 mph.

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 331 (Treadmill)/531 (HR Monitor - includes strength and cardio)
Total Miles: 1.79
Total Time: 35:00 (including cool down)/1:07:35 (in total)
Ending Heart Rate: 126


Now...I come to the sad part of my post...Goodbye, friends! Goodbye, blog readers! Or, more accurately: Arrivederci! I will be back late on the 19th and meet with ZTT on the 20th. So expect a post sometime that evening. I will do my hotel workout. I will make wise(ish) food choices. I will spend ridiculous amounts of euros. And I will love every second of it!

Mi manchi giĆ !

No comments:

Post a Comment