Monday, February 14, 2011

Yup--Surgery is a Good Choice

Today Devon couldn't friend lift...I don't know...something about Valentine's Day and a girlfriend...whatever. So I flew solo...story of my life. ;)

Here is the lifting:

Squat Press x 3s x 15r @ 360
Seated Leg Extensions x 3s x 15r @ 100lbs
Flat BB Chest Press x 3s x 12r @ 85lbs
Seated Machine Chest Flyes / Pec-Decks x 3s x 15r @ 50-60lbs (60 lbs)
Seated Shoulder Press x 4s x 10r @ 40-50lbs (40 lbs)
Dumbbell Side Raises x 4s x 10r @ 12.5-15lbs (12.5 lb DBs)
Cable Triceps Pushdowns x 4s x 12r @ 25-35lbs (35 lbs)
Seated Machine Triceps Press x 3s x 20r @ 50-75lbs (75 lbs)


The actual lifting was fine. However, I do have a story.

I was doing my chest press on a Smith Machine. 85 lbs isn't nothing--but I can do better with a spotter. This older gentleman walked about 2 feet away and watched me during my second set. I noticed. I thought maybe he thought it was too heavy and didn't know what a maniac beast I am at the gym. So when I was finished, I made eye contact with him--my mistake. The following conversation happened:

Me: Is everything ok? (cocky, waiting to tell him how I can actually bench 120.)
Him: Are you pregnant?
Me (internal): Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?!
Me (out loud): Nope, but I did just lose 100 pounds--that leaves a lot of loose skin. I will be having surgery to get rid of it soon. You just confirmed that that is a good choice. ::smile::
Him: *looks mortified*


At this point, I took the opportunity to make him listen and pretend to care (out of guilt and uncomfortableness) about the following topics:

1) what a pregnant lady actually can and cannot do at the gym;
2) my incredible weight loss transformation; and
3) my upcoming surgery.


The gentleman was quite opinionated that I do NOT need the surgery. He *informed* me that I simply need to do more ab work. (::eye roll::) At this point, I confirmed that he was a moron (as if it wasn't clear already) and explained to him that a handful of medical professional disagree and in their expert opinion it will NEVER go away on its own. (This is the good part...)

Him: I just don't like you having to get all cut up.
Me: I see that, but I don't like people thinking I am pregnant. ::grin::


Conversation over.

Next workout: cardio tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

  1. you should have said, "no, i'm not pregnant...are you impotent?"

    ReplyDelete