Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cardio Kickboxing with Meagan!

This morning I had a session with Devon--my LAST session before my surgery and so my last session for about two months!!!!--and Meagan joined me! Recall that Meagan is frequently referred to in the blog as DFAM (Down For Anything Meagan). She brought it today...as expected.

Devon chose to have us do cardio kickboxing again. The first time was last July 2010, I did boxing only with Amanda F. Next it was kickboxing with Amy a month ago. Both times I was in incredible pain afterward. Today was more focused on the kicking, I thought, but since no one has been to more than one except for me, I have no one to help me compare them.

Let's see if my memory can recall what we did at 0800 this morning... I remember a lot, but not all of it. Here is what I got.

Sprints (across the room and back 5x)
8 lb Medicine Ball salm it to the ground to your side and then raise it over your head and do the other side (for 1 minute)
Supermans with the 8 lb Medicine Ball in our hands
Shuffling across the room and back
Prisoner squat position and travel across the room and back (super painful!!!)
Across the room and back switching from conventional stance to southpaw
Same as above but with jabbing
Jabbing across the room and back
Jab then crossing across the room and back
Jab/Cross/Kicking across the room and back
Retreat jabbing across the room
Roundhouse kicks leaning against the wall (20 each side, 2 sets)
Roundhouse kicks to Devon holding a pad (10 each side)
Bicycles (while the other kicked Devon)
Side kicks leaning against the wall (20 each side, 2 sets)
Side kicks to Devon holding a pad (10 each side)
Triple Crunches (while the other kicked Devon)
Hook/Uppercut/Roundhouse kick combos (10 each side)
Hook kicks leaning against the wall (20 each side, 2 sets)

Wowsas...that's a lot. And I *know* I missed some... :) It was kind of rough and I fully expect to be in pain tomorrow!

During every kick set, my hamstrings were on FIRE! I reminded Devon that WE did the pull set last night and my hamstrings were in PAIN. He let me know that his hamstring didn't hurt to bad. Nice, Devon...YOU aren't kicking repeatedly, Jerkface. :)

I am super impressed with Meagan keeping up. Way to go, DFAM! Devon kept telling her that she need to [kick|punch|etc] in front of her because that is where the opponent will be (she liked to fight an imaginary person to her side). I told her I knew her secret and if we ever went at it, I knew to hide DIRECTLY in front of her. I'm so mean... ;)

Tomorrow is a rest day!!! Yes.... Then I lift with Devon on Monday...can I survive????

No comments:

Post a Comment