Monday, February 7, 2011

Adorable Synchronization.

Today was friend lifting with Devon. It was not a particularly great workout for me, but they can't all be. I am tired and a bit unmotivated. But I did do it all, so there is a victory there.

The lifting:

Legs, Quads:
Seated Leg Extensions: 4 sets x 12 reps @ 100 lbs
Hack Squats: 4 sets x 15 reps @ 270 lbs

Chest:
Bench Press: 3 sets x 8 reps @ 95 lbs
Incline DB Flyes: 3 sets x 15 reps @ 20 lb DBs
Assisted Chest Dips: 3 sets x 10 reps @ 40 lbs assistance

Shoulders:
Cable Side Raises: 3 sets x 15 reps @ 5 lbs
DB Front Raises: 3 sets x 10 reps @ 10 lb DBs
Seated DB Shoulder Press: 3 sets x 10 reps @ 15 lb DBs

Triceps:
Cable Pushdowns: 4 sets x 15 reps @ 32.5 lbs
DB Kickbacks: 4 sets x 10 reps @ 12.5 lb DBs


So. Most of the time Devon and I alternate use of the machine or weight bench. We rest while the other is lifting and/or spot each other when necessary. Sometimes, when it is a dumbbell only exercise or something, we can do it at the same time. I, naturally, try to synchronize my reps with Devon's. BECAUSE IT IS ADORABLE. I love synchronized lifting!!!! Also I should note that every session we do synchronized stretching at the end. You can be certain that Devon either 1) doesn't notice; and/or 2) would prefer we didn't look like synchronized fools. But I think Devon picks his battles with me--and he lets this one slide. :)

Next workout: *maybe* cardio tomorrow, maybe working late. In any event, I will lift Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment