Thursday, February 3, 2011

Devon Shows No Mercy

So, as some of you may know, I crashed my car today. (I know, boooo, right?) Aside from the extensive physical damage to my vehicle, I experienced a lot of emotional damage--it was kind of scary losing control on ice, I had to take time off from work and I am in save mode for leave recovering from my surgery, and my deductible isn't ridiculously high but is still not money I planned on spending on this. High stress and anxiety makes for an exhausted Erin!

So, naturally, I tried to play up the sympathy card and get out of cardio today (hey--I could legitimately have hurt myself but won't feel it until tomorrow...although I doubt it, the actual impact was minimal--not so much the damage to my car!). But, Devon has no mercy. He gives me my normal assignment and tells me to have an extra long stretching session afterward to destress. Nice, Devon. Thanks. Your care and concern is overwhelming.

So, I did 50 minutes all zone 2 on the Step-Mill.

The Stats:

Calories Burned: 502.4 (Step-Mill)
Time: 50:00
Distance: 3.74 miles
Floors Climbed: 179
Average Pace: 57 steps per minute


I've been doing this assignment every week and Devon has approved me to not use my heart rate monitor. I have a good feel for when I am in zone 2 on the Step-Mill. When I started I bounced between levels 3 and 5 throughout the 50 minutes. More recently, I typically break up the 50 minutes as:

10 min: Level 6
10 min: Level 5
5 min: Level 4
10 min: Level 6
10 min: Level 5
5 min: Level 4

Today, I did:

10 min: Level 6
10 min: Level 5
10 min: Level 6
10 min: Level 5
7.5 min: Level 6
2.5 min: Level 7 (I really wanted to break 500 calories burned so I upped it at the end.)

I like that I am pushing myself more and that I am capable of doing the harder levels for longer. Also, my stats are improving. This week vs. last week I burned 24.6 more calories, went .21 miles further, climbed 10 more flights and averaged 3 extra steps per minute. This week vs. December 16th I burned 98.8 more calories, climbed 42 more flights and averaged 13 extra steps per minute. Stamina improvement FTW!!!

Next workout: lifting tomorrow. I believe it will be a "pull" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment