Friday, February 4, 2011

"Pull" Friday

Today was my first "Pull" workout for lifting Friday. Recall, on Mondays I work the "Push" muscles with Devon (quads, chest, shoulders, triceps). On Wednesdays I do a full-body stability-based workout (think balance, alternating arm, etc...). Then on Fridays I work the "Pull" muscles (hamstrings, back--rear delts/rhomboids and lats, biceps).

The Lifting:

Legs, Hamstrings:
Kneeling Leg Curls x 4s x 15r @ 40-45lbs (45 lbs each leg)
Stiff Leg Deadlifts x 4s x 8r @ 100-115lbs (115 lbs)

Back, Lats:
Close-Grip Lat Pulldown x 4s x 15r @ 50-60lbs (55 lbs)

Back, Rear Delts & Rhomboids:
Single Arm DB Row x 4s x 8r @ 25-30lbs (30 lb DB)

Biceps:
Seated DB Curls x 3s x 15r @ 17.5 - 22.5 lbs (20 lb DBs)
Standing BB Curls x 4s x 8r @ 35-45lbs (35 lb BB)


Also, I went out to dinner tonight with Tom, Amanda, Charles and Andrew. It was one of the first times I have eaten out on the carb-cycling (I can think of 2 others off of the top of my head). I was sad that it was a very low carb day when I was going to a new restaurant that I heard is tasty: Victoria Gastro Pub. However, I did my online menu research, proposed a meal selection and received Devon's approval.

I selected the COBB SALAD WITH ROASTED CHICKEN containing Bacon, Blue Cheese, Hard Boiled Egg, Avocado, Tomatoes, Balsamic Vinaigrette and Chicken on top, of course. Notice the distinct lack of carbs. I am allowed protein and fat for dinner and this fit the bill quite nicely. Also, it was super tasty! Aside from the pretzel croutons they snuck on top (NOT ON THE MENU) that I had to pick off (but Charles and Andrew totally used for toppers on their salads) the salad was quite tasty!!! All in all a win! Good food, healthy food, great company!!!!

Next workout: cardio session with Devon tomorrow morning!!! It's an obstacle course and Amanda E. is coming with me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the restaurant! I'm stuck in order whatever I want when I go out, so I am better eating whatever I want at home. :-)

    ReplyDelete