Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Some Good Old Fashioned B-Ball

Today was a cardio day, but I got a quite unnecessary snow day from work so I most certainly did not work out. I slept. I shoveled (that's work out-ish). I had lunch with a friend. I got my hair cut. It was wonderful.

Tonight was my girls last basketball practice. For those who do not know, I coached a 5th and 6th grade girls basketball team this year for the Upwards program at my church. My wonderful assistant coaches are Amanda F. and Amy (whom you all know well from working out with me). We are not the most informed coaches, but hey! there's a handbook AND we have heart. :) Our girls won their first game this past Saturday, bringing our record to 1-5-1. Yes, that is correct: 1 win, 5 losses and a good ole tie.

As tonight was the very last practice, we decided to have fun. There was Knockout played. There were games of H-O-R-S-E. There were dribble race relays (involving break-dancing in the middle...naturally). And, there was a parent & coaches vs. the girls basketball game for the last 20 minutes or so. I participated in all of this. I declare THAT my cardio. :)

Next workout: lifting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment