Friday, February 25, 2011

Last Friend Lifting for At Least 9 Weeks!!!

Sigh. Tonight Devon "let me lift" with him (he corrected me when I referred to it as 'lifting together') for the last time for a bit. I will be off working out at all for 6 weeks and then cardio only for an additional 3 weeks. I don't want to talk about it. But I will be strong for you, the blog reader...

Today was a "pull" day (plus calves and trapezius):

HAMSTRINGS (Superset--done together):
Seated Leg Curls: 3 sets x 15 reps @ 60 lbs, 70 lbs, 70 lbs
BB Deadlifts: 3 sets x 10 reps @ 155 lbs (I am a beast.)

CALVES:
45° Leg Press Calf Raises: 3 sets x 12 reps @ 270 lbs
Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets x 25 reps(!) @ 90 lbs

RHOMBOIDS/REAR DELTS:
Seated Cable Row: 4 sets x 8 reps @ 70 lbs

LATS:
Behind-the-Neck Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets x 15 reps @ 27.5 lbs each side

TRAPEZIUS:
DB Shrugs: 4 sets x 12 reps @ 10 lb DBs, 25 lb DBs, 35 lb DBs, 10 lb DBs

BICEPS:
BB Preacher Curls: 4 sets x 12 reps @ 45 lbs
Concentration Curls: 3 set x 10 reps @ 25 lbs


There are some notes that must be made.

1. Did you see the 155 lbs on the BB Deadlifts? If not, look again. If so, look again!!! :)
2. 25 reps on the seated calf raises machine killed my calves. Devon went to use the little trainer's room during my second set. I couldn't raises my calves high enough to re-rack the weight. I thought about my options for awhile and just let it fall to the floor. Devon thought it was hilarious when he returned. He helped me re-rack after set 3. :)
3. Behind-the-Neck Lat Pulldowns are BAD! Do not do them! We simulated the motion by using a bi-angular lat pulldown. This way there is no bar involved and so you are less likely to jack up your shoulders. (Side note: I told Devon EVERY time his imaginary bar hit him in the head. Every time.)
4. I kept increasing the weights on the DB Shrugs because I could. 10 pounds was super easy. After the third set I talked smack to Devon about how easy it was and asked why he started me so low. He said most girls don't want to work that muscle and make it big. Gasp! He was right. I went back to 10s for the final set. :) Nice of him to let me keep working it to feel big bad and tough. Thanks for having my back, Devon...

Next workout: unsure. Have surgery Thursday so am "taking it easy". I may cardio tomorrow. I may not. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment