Monday, February 21, 2011

Pushed It Hard During My "Push" Workout!

Today was friend lifting with Devon. It's a push day (so that means Quads, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps). I really pushed some of the weights today and am quite proud of my numbers. :)

The Lifting:

QUADS:
Hack Squats: 3 sets x 15 reps @ 270 lbs, 320 lbs, 360 lbs
45° Leg Press: 3 sets x 15 reps @ 360 lbs, 450 lbs, 540 lbs (I kicked this exercise's butt. I'm just saying.)
Seated Leg Extensions: 3 sets x 15 reps @ 105 lbs, 110 lbs, 115 lbs
CHEST:
Incline BB Bench Press: 3 sets x 8 reps @ 95 lbs
Flat DB Press: 3 sets x 12 reps @ 30 lb DBs, 35 lbs DBs, 40 lb DBs (RAWR!)
Cable Cross Overs: 3 sets x 20 reps @ 12.5 lbs, 17.5 lbs, 22.5 lbs each side (Big Beefy Devon did all his sets at 22.5 lbs--which I did on my last set. No big deal.)
SHOULDERS:
Tri-Set (i.e. for the shoulders each set was all three exercises in succession, then a rest), all 3 sets x 12 reps:
*DB Side Raises: 7.5 lb DBs
*Standing BB Shoulder Press: 45 lbs
*Bent Over DB Flyes: 7.5 lb DBs
TRICEPS:
Cable Tricep Pushdowns: 4 sets x 12 reps @ 32.5 lbs, 37.5 lbs, 42.5 lbs. 47.5 lbs (<--that is a LOT for my little triceps!!!)
Bench Dips: 4 sets x 15 reps @ BW


What I am most pleased with is that the heavy weights were all my doing--i.e. I suggested it every time and/or negotiated with Devon who maybe thought I shouldn't do that much. I definitely had a winning attitude today which I feel like I haven't had for awhile. To be clear, I didn't feel GREAT the whole workout, but certainly pushed myself in spite of that fact. Specifically, I asked Devon if I could go up by 45 (vice 25) lbs each set for the leg press and it was my idea to try the 40 lb dumbbells on the DB Chest Press. Also, the triceps pushdowns increases were my idea as well!!!! :)

On the first exercise, the hack squats, there was a man using it who apparently Devon knows. We "worked in" which means did our reps alternating with him. We were all loading the weights on and off and spotting/encouraging each other. Devon got to his last set which was an INCREDIBLE 720 lbs!!!! When we were loading the EIGHT 45-lb weight plates on each side, the man said: "That's why you'll never reach 6 feet, Devon!" Which cracked me up!!!!! Devon responded that he is "All thrill-a, no fill-a." Concentrated awesomeness, if you will. I was almost on the ground laughing. BTW, my big strong trainer did all 15 reps at 720 lbs (he claimed he may only do 8, but me and the guy cheered him on and he did it!!!!)!!!! I am super impressed. Along that same topic, on the DB chest press I was impressed with my last set being 40s. Devon did all 3 sets with EIGHTY pound dumbbells!!! Yes, ONE of his dumbbells was the sum total of both of mine on my heavy set. He's such a BEAST.

I anticipate a lot of pain tomorrow, but the hard workout was worth it. :)

Next workout: some sort of cardio tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment