Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Devon's Version of "Easy Lifting"

On Monday, Devon and I discussed me taking it a bit easier up til my surgery. It was my idea. I thought it was a *great* idea. Devon agreed. Today was his first chance to write me an "easy" workout.

Here it is, blog readers!!!! (Are you excited???? I certainly was!):

BB Back Squat to Calf Raise x 3s x 15r @ 105-115 lbs (115 lbs)
Side Lunge x 3s x 15r @ 25 - 35lbs (hold a weight plate) (35 lbs)
Alternating Arm Standing Cable Row x 3s x 15r @ 25 - 35lbs (32.5 lbs)
Medicine Ball Push-ups x 3s x 15r @ BW (one medicine ball under each hand; make sure the ball is hard)
Chin-ups x 3s x 15r @ 100lbs or less (palms facing you) (100 lbs)
Single Arm Standing DB Shoulder Press x 3s x 15r @ 15 - 20lbs (hold both up and then move one) (20 lb DBs)
Alternating Arm Standing DB Biceps Curls x 3s x 15r @ 12.5 - 17.5lbs (15 lb DBs)
Cable DB Kickbacks x 3s x 15r @ 12.5 - 17.5lbs (did not do these--ran out of time)


Wow. Thanks, Devon. What *exactly* did YOU think was easy about this, sir? The unspotted barbell back squats with over a hundred pounds on my back or the 45 push-ups done whilst balancing the majority of my body weight on two very round balls???

Also, let's all laugh at Devon together: Cable Dumbbell Kickbacks??? How exactly does one use both dumbbells AND a cable at the same time? Silly, too-busy-to-pay-attention-to-details, Devon...

Next workout: running with Amanda B. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment