Friday, February 18, 2011

Late Night Friend Lifting

Since Devon bailed on Monday, we had friend lifting tonight. We agreed to meet at 7pm. I pushed it back to 7:15pm. Devon sowed up at 7:20pm. And ate dinner. Then he needed some time for it to digest. Then he needed to change into his workout clothes. At 8pm we began lifting. I left at 10:30pm. Awesome. I will be back at 8am for a training session with Devon. I am fairly certain this will not go well... :)

The lifting (it was a 'pull' day with calves thrown in):

Lying Leg Curls: 5 sets--12 reps @ 90 lbs, 10 reps @ 95 lbs (3 sets), 8 reps @ 100 lbs
BB Deadlifts: 10 reps @ 135 lbs, 8 reps @ 145 lbs, 6 reps @ 155 lbs, 4 reps @ 165 lbs, 2 reps @ 185 lbs (I AM A BEAST!!!!!)
Leg Press Calf Raises: 3 sets, 12 reps @ 270 lbs
Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets, 12 reps @ 90 lbs
Assisted Pull-ups: 4 sets, 12 reps @ 100 lbs assistance
Standing T-Bar Rows: 4 sets, 10 reps @ 50 lbs
BB Bicep Curls: 4 sets, 10 reps @ 45 lb BB


It was a tough workout today but no undoable. I am very proud of the deadlifting. Please, go back and check it out--I'll wait. :) You may notice that I upped the weight by 10 lbs each set until the end when I upped it by 20. I told Devon I could do it. He wasn't sure. I said, 'Fine. I'll do your pansy 175.' He told me to do it. AND I DID. Boom. THAT happened.

Also, I mocked Devon's "psych himself up" routine as he began walking away from the machine and then back before every set. He told me not to mock his methods. I began doing random things before I lifted to mock him. He threatened to walk away, but never did. As I told him, he *always* come back. :)

Next workout is sadly in 9 hours. Sigh. But Meagan will be joining me!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment