Monday, May 4, 2009

The Treadmill Spited Me...

Today was a T.E.A.M. Weight Loss day. It was a weigh in and they also checked the body fat composition. I have no history for the body fat, so there is no ability to measure change there. But I have been weighing in...and I stayed even. I am disappointed but trying not to be for good reasons. Allow me to enumerate them:

1. I worked out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but then not on Thursday-Sunday because I was at Emmaus all weekend.
2. I tried to eat healthy on the weekend by buying my own food and bringing it up. Healthy food typically needs a refrigerator, so I packaged it up by day and put it in the fridge. On Saturday morning, the fridge was dead. So I tried my best to portion control, but camp food is carb-heavy.
3. I didn't gain any weight!!!
4. It is my second week. It is very common in the first month to break even because you are gaining muscle as you lose weight.
5. There was a noticeable difference when I put on my laundry-day-jeans. :)

So...::sigh:: and move on.

The workout started and we were chugging along and we got up to an incline of 9.0 on the treadmill. It was a few minutes and when it was over, Zak told us to lower the incline to 4.0. I did that...and the treadmill inclined to the highest incline it can.
I was all: Um, Zak...Um, ZAK! Look at my treadmill!
Zak came over and accused me of raising the incline when the screen clearly read 4.0. As he was fiddling with it, I was still chugging away at like an incline of 13.0, I was yelling: Save me! Save me, Zak! (Partially to be funny, partially because it was kicking my tookus!)
Zak laughed and said: Hey! I didn't do this.
To which I responded with: GASP! Did you? Do you have some way of doing it remotely to punish me for not losing weight?!?!?
Zak: Ha. No. The treadmill must just be spiting you.

We turned it off and I found a new treadmill.

My stats for today:

Calories Burned: 427
Total Miles: 2.16
Total Time: 52:50 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: Forgot to take it...

2 comments: