Friday, May 22, 2009

Negotiations

Today was painful due to the strength training yesterday. However, once the workout got started and my muscles were moving, it was ok. I ate protein an hour before (which I hadn't done at all this week) and OH! what a difference it made! The workout was tough, but I never felt so tired like I couldn't do it (like I did during the other workouts this week). Additionally, having the HR monitor really made a difference. Knowing how close or far I was to my anaerobic threshold really allowed me to push myself further. My speed went up to 2.9 toward the end of the workout. That's like a first... :)

My stats (which are surprisingly less than earlier this week...oh well!):

Calories Burned: 544
Total Miles: 2.51
Total Time: 57:59 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 131

Oh! The negotiations part! Tony the Amazing Pad Thai Chef is in town! So the following negotiation occured between me and Zak the Trainer (ZTT):

Me: My friend who cooks amazing Thai food is in town. He is going to cook some tomorrow. I am going to eat it.
ZTT: ::skeptical face::
Me: Now, I understand that I get 2 breads for dinner and that is one cup of pad thai.
ZTT: ::blank stare::
Me: It's pasta...
ZTT: I know what pad thai is...Okay...
Me: So, could I save up my SIX bread for the day and have THREE cups of pad thai?
ZTT: No.
Me: How about I skip lunch breads and have TWO cups?
ZTT: What time is the meal?
Me: ::cough::Dinner.::cough::
ZTT: No.
Me: 1 1/2 cups? ::pouty face::
ZTT: Fine. But go for a walk after dinner.
Me: SOLD!


Excited for my one and one half cups of PAD THAI tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice negotiation. Next time preemptively offer to drink more water.

    ReplyDelete