Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Declare a Victory Today!

Ok. Today was a typical blah day. It's a Tuesday, but it's like a Monday. And I left my lunch at home. Not just at home, on the counter. So I had to throw most of it out because it is refrigerator food. And because of this, I didn't have my snacks. So I was really hungry. Then around 4pm I got a mild headache. So I decided to go home and eat. I was supposed to work out today, but knew it wouldn't be good with no energy, so I would just go home, eat, then reassess.

Weeeeeellllllllll, at home I talked myself out of going. I had a blah day. And I didn't feel like going back out. And I *do* work out 3 days a week after all. And I am going to London next week, so it's not like I am going to have any weight loss, I'll be lucky to break even. And, furthermore, planks suck. So I settled in to my computer and TV and got comfy.

Then Sean came home. And I started complaining to Sean about my day. And I hate it when I just complain. So I decided to go to the gym to stop complaining and to keep the goals I set for myself this week (also, I only lost 1 lb last week, I am steppin' it up). Hence, my victory! I went. I lifted. I walked. I conquered.

Today I:

Held 10 planks for 15 seconds each;
Did 20 lunge and twists (10 regular, 10 with balance added in between);
Balanced on the Bosu ball with both feet for 60 seconds and on each foot for 15 seconds;
Did 2 sets, 12 reps each, at 20 pounds on the Chest Press;
Did 2 sets, 12 reps each, at 20 pounds on the Chest Fly;
Did 2 sets, 12 reps each, at 55 pounds on the Lat Pulldown;
Did 2 sets, 12 reps each, at 45 pounds on the Two Arm Row;
Did 2 sets, 12 reps each, at 10 pounds doing Lat Raises with the 10 lb dumbbells;
Did 2 sets, 12 reps each, at 15 pounds on the Shoulder Press; and
Did 2 sets, 12 reps each, at 70 pounds on the Leg Press.


Then I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes, stats:

Calories Burned: 238
Total Miles: 1.71
Total Time: 35:00 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 131


Some notes:

1. DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY. Dare I say that the planks are getting easier? I hate using that word because they are still EXTREMELY HARD, but a tinge LESS extremely hard. This is awesome!
2. I accidentally set the Chest Press to 30 lbs instead of 20 lbs for the first set of 12 reps. It felt harder than it should have but was doable. Yay, improvement!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, Erin! I don't think I have ever re-convinced myself to do something good after convincing myself to slack off.

    ReplyDelete