Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Doh!

::sigh:: Well, I did earn a nickname from my trainer... The story...

Today certainly lived up to its nickname: Hump Day. Work was meh. I went to the gym and went to get changed from my nice clothes (I dress up on Wednesdays for one particular weekly meeting with 'important people'). I didn't see my shoes toward the top of the bag (you *may* see where this is going), so I assumed I put my workout clothes on TOP of them. I lifted the bag and it felt kind of light....hmm....Where ARE my shoes? ::ding:: By my front door. Awesome. And I didn't even wear my casual sneakers that I wear the other SIX days of the week, no, I wore dress shoes. Doh! So, I put on my gym socks and trudged upstairs to the workout floor. When my trainer arrived, I asked him if I could still participate. When he finished laughing at me, he said no. I used my powers of negotiation (and the fact that another trainer was there who mentioned the fact that I signed a waiver and they couldn't stop me) to get him to allow me participate in my socks.

Now, on Wednesdays T.E.A.M. Fitness uses the treadmills with us and Zak the trainer loves to use it as an excuse to be competitive. What I mean by this is he says things like, "Hmm, T.E.A.M. Fitness is on an incline of 10.0, I think *WE* should go to 12.0. Let's go, T.E.A.M. Weight Loss!" I love it when he does this. ::head shaking from side to side slowly for effect:: Today, Zak the trainer decided to attempt to shame them by pointing out that HE had a member who was SOOOOOO dedicated she participated even without her shoes. T.E.A.M. Fitness was impressed. Zak the trainer was glad, and I couldn't have that, so I said, "Actually, it's not so much dedication, as the fact that I prepaid for these sessions....Sorry, I'm cheap!" ::grin::

But in all reality, part of it was that it was prepaid, but part was that I didn't want to miss it. This is important to me. And I think that that is awesome! I am really excited about this!

My feet may have blisters developing. Mild ones, but the socks rubbed. But they are victory blisters!!!

So, my stats (keep in mind I took it easy so I didn't fly off the treadmill in my socks):

Calories Burned: 468
Total Miles: 2.04
Total Time: 55:48 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 138

Oh! And Zak the trainer's new nickname for me: Shoeless Joe. I love it. NOT. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment