Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cheerio! Pip, pip!

I am on my way over to England, so I will not blog again until Saturday at the earliest. My plans to keep on track as best I can are to walk in the mornings and/or evenings. Additionally, I am bringing a resistance band to do chest presses, reverse flys, arm rows and 'window washers'. I also am going to do my machine-free strength training, namely the core workouts: planks, lunge and twists, squats, etc... I went to Trader Joes and picked up some granola bars (carbohydrates), Larabars (fruit) and Luna Bars (protein). I can throw these in my purse and hopefully snack better than vending machines or whatever.

Today, in a final attempt to work out before I leave (at 6 tonight!), I went swimming at the gym. I swam laps for ~25 minutes. My average lap time has improved by 3 more seconds, a total of 28 seconds from when I began, April 21! It is really nice to see tangible improvements from all of my hard work! YAY!

I'll miss you all terribly! I get back on Saturday, then walk a 5K Sunday morning...look forward to my posting about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment