Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Paolo Nutini Got it Right

I bought new running shoes today! I went to Roadrunner Sports and was a little leery about going to a big chain for running shoes...I think they did ok... Jury is still out, but I like them. They have you walk barefoot on some sort of mat attached to a computer that takes some stats on your foot. Then the have you run on a treadmill and videotape your feet. They then play it back and show you how you run. As suspected, I roll in right after the impact. He confirmed that the motion control shoes I got before were a good choice (nice work, Feet First!) but they were worn and it was time to get new pair. I know, SHOCKING that he tried to sell me shoes. But that was my plan, so I was on board. After trying on five pairs, I settled on these. They are sturdy for good support, yet I feel like I am walking on cushions. LOVE it. Having said that, interestingly enough, my feet are a whole size different! I knew they were different, but ONE WHOLE SIZE?!?! My left foot is a 7.5 and my right foot is a 6.5. My running shoes are a 9. Don't ask me--I don't understand it either. The left foot is perfect, but the right foot is a touch big. This is why the jury is still out on the shoes.

Ok...now to my stats:

Calories Burned: 577
Total Miles: 2.54
Total Time: 60:11 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 133


And it's Wednesday, so it is food journal evaluation day. Zak the Trainer commented that my morning snack is too big. I had moved a fruit down there to take his advice on not eating fruit late at night since it is more likely to stick. I need to now move the almonds up to the evening. Done and done. Zak the Trainer also called me a bum for having breakfast at 1130 on Saturday and 1030 on Sunday. It's true. I am a bum on the weekends. :)

Also! Meghan has made the following offer and I would like to document it. ;) When I reach my healthy weight range we will FINALLY go on our sister cruise...AND she will pay! Marina is invited, but not confirmed as "in" it. Marina did call me during class today to congratulate me on the 10 pound weight loss. Zak the Trainer mocked me for being on my cell phone during class. Zak the Trainer, I cannot help it that I am so popular...

2 comments:

  1. Erin you ROCK!!!! This is Terry (I work with Marina and hung out with you in DC after our conference). You are giving me inspiration! Keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Terry! I love that you are cheering for me! And I hope that you are inspired too!

    ReplyDelete