Sunday, June 7, 2009

England and some 5Ks!

I got home from England yesterday. I will be honest, the plan was not followed 100%. Or even really 50%. But, here are some good highlights. I walked for one hour on Monday, 45 minutes on Tuesday, about 30 minutes on Thursday and 45 minutes on Friday. So I did get some walks in. I did no strength training. My schedule was so full, I just didn't make the time. I chose sleep. :) As for food, I enjoyed the local fare. Today I will do my massive grocery shop and the plan begins again tomorrow morning.

The trip was great BTW. Pictures are on my facebook. Here is one of me in front of a beautiful sunset:



In other exciting news, today I participated in the Bel Air Town Run with Andrea, Crystal, Lois, Julie, Mary-Theresa, and several other lovely ladies I met who are friends of some of these women! My goal was to walk it with Lois. She walked ~58 minutes last time she did it and I was shooting for under one hour. I ended up ditching Lois and Dina (her friend) to run/walk with Crystal. Here were our times according to my watch:

4:59 - walk
1:59 - run
5:00 - walk
2:00 - run
5:21 - walk
2:00 - run
5:00 - walk
2:00 - run
3:21 - walk
2:00 - run
9:53 - walk
1:17 - run
0:56 - walk
0:44 - run

Total - 46:35, Official 46:28!!!


I crushed my one-hour goal!!! YAY ME! And I also registered for the Baltimore Women's Classic on June 28th! Cannot wait!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment