Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ten Whole Minutes!

Today was not a scheduled workout day, so I didn't want to do too much. I ended up just doing inclines and speeds on the treadmill. After 13 minutes of varying the inclines to get my heart rate into zone 3, I attempted to run. I was originally gonna go for 2 minutes, then decided to try for 3, then 5, then, heck! why not 10, right? It may not seem big to some people, but I have only run three times since 2006 and they were for 1 minute, 2 minute (intervals) and then 3 minutes. So the fact that I could do ten minutes without working up to it is huge for me. I am MUCH more optimistic about potentially running the entire 10K in October... Here's to hoping!

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 256 (Treadmill)/309 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 1.81
Total Time: 33:00 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 114

1 comment:

  1. I told you that when you started running you were going to dominate!!

    ReplyDelete