Saturday, June 20, 2009

Working Out with Friends is the BEST!

As I have learned before, working out with friends is awesome! Today, my friend, Rebecca, from Virginia came up and we worked out. She totally held her own and did my entire strength training routine! Even though I had worked up to it, she busted it out like a pro. Very impressive!!! Then we swam laps in the pool and ended things with some nice relaxing hot tub time.

The strength training routine:

Held 5 planks for 30 seconds each;
Did 20 lunge and twists (10 regular, 10 with balance added in between);
Balanced on the Bosu ball with both feet for 60 seconds and on each foot for 15 seconds;
Did 3 sets, 12 reps each, at 20 pounds on the Chest Press;
Did 3 sets, 12 reps each, at 20 pounds on the Chest Fly;
Did 3 sets, 12 reps each, at 55 pounds on the Lat Pulldown;
Did 3 sets, 12 reps each, at 45 pounds on the Two Arm Row;
Did 3 sets, 12 reps each, at 10 pounds doing Lat Raises with the 10 lb dumbbells;
Did 3 sets, 12 reps each, at 15 pounds on the Shoulder Press; and
Did 3 sets, 12 reps each, at 70 pounds on the Leg Press.


Then we swam laps for about 20 minutes. My fast lap improved by 5 seconds, but my average lap improved by only 1 second. Whatever! I will take any improvement!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment