Sunday, October 17, 2010

Off Day Offerings: Erin's Top Ten Health & Fitness Goals

Lately, several people have asked me what my goal is. I give a very long-winded answer including background, original goals, modified goals, ultimate goals, etc... I use words like "Well, my *real* goal is..." Yesterday, when talking to ALL (ALL is for 'Awesome Lyn Lyn', I wanted to make it ICBSMMAATSTILSML for 'I Cannot Believe She Made Me An Awesome T-Shirt That I Love So Much! Lyn' but that seemed too long) and AHH, ALL said something very simple, yet I apparently needed to hear it: I don't have *fake* goals and *real* goals; I have multiple goals. Holly suggested a I write a top ten list a la David Letterman (and a la Holly when she created a webpage containing the Top Ten reasons her boyfriend (now husband) should ask her to marry him and gave him the url on a business card for their anniversary--I repeat: Holly Holly is Awesome Awesome). So, here it is:

The AYCLICLB Top Ten List from the home office in Estacada, Oregon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. Safely train for and ultimately complete a marathon.

9. Have enough good (helpful, inspirational, humorous) material to continue this blog for all of 2011.

8. Find the money and obtain medical approval to get the loose skin in my mid-section surgically removed. (I have some ideas for this thanks to my friend, Sean. Stay tuned for a possible upcoming post about this in the not-t00-distant future.)

7. See more definition in my muscles (This may not be possible with my loose skin, but I feel like I should be able to see an improvement nonetheless).

6. See tangible results in someone I have inspired to become healthy as well through this blog.

5. Learn how to go on vacation (or be away from my normal routine) without eating horribly.

4. Land a man. ;)

3. See how low my weight can get with my balanced diet and current exercise level. I made it down 91 pounds before--is that my limit? Can I do more? I will find out.

2. Wean myself off of needing ABD to stay fit.

And Erin's Number One Health & Fitness Goal is...

1. Master a healthy lifestyle that does not involve a rigid diet.

Next workout: lifting with Lynn tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment