Monday, October 4, 2010

FRIEND LIFTING DAY!

Oh my goodness--today was so much fun!!!! Devon and lifted *together*. I was so scared I wouldn't be able to hang. I hung. :)

We started at 3pm and I drove out of the gym at 5:45! This included warm up, lifting, cool down and stretching.

The lifting (with stories interspersed!):

The warm-up: 5 minutes on the elliptical. I showed up in my "Check Out My Spotter" T-Shirt:



Devon loved it. He said he would've worn "Friends Don't Let Friends Lift Alone" T-shirt had I made it, but when I asked him this past weekend, he said he was 'definitely not wearing a tshirt.' His loss. The other trainers LOVED it. Brandon (BTOT, Dr. Doom, etc...) found it particularly hilarious and asked if I was referring to Devon. I answered, 'Of course! I have a hot trainer... He can't help it.' Grin. :)

Leg Extensions: 4 sets, 8 reps, 105 lbs.
Back Squats: 4 sets, 8 reps, 155 lbs (YUP! 155.) Devon did 315 lbs. His form never wavered--he put me to shame.

Leg Curls: 4 sets, 8 reps, 125 lbs. Devon did 200 lbs!
Single Leg/Single Arm Deadlifts: 4 sets, 8 reps, 30 lb DB. Devon used a 45 lb DB.

Bent-Over BB Rows: 4 sets, 8 reps, 95 lbs (YUP! 95.) Devon did 195 lbs. Disgusting.
Horizontal Body Rows: 4 sets, 8 reps, BW

BB Bench Press: 4 sets, 8 reps, 95 lbs. Devon did 185 lbs.
Push-Ups on Medicine Balls: 4 sets, 8 reps, BW. I only fell off once. Devon laughed a little too hard.

Assisted Pull-Ups: 4 sets, 8 reps, 64 lbs assistance. Devon did "Man" pull-ups with no assistance. I called him out for only doing 7 in the last set. He got back on the machine, did the last one. Then did *another* one and pulsed a few times. What a show-off.
AA Cable Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets, 8 reps, 70 lbs. Devon did much more... I don't remember...100 lbs maybe?

Machine Shoulder Press: 4 sets, 8 reps, 100 lbs (110 lbs last set). Devon did 200 lbs. But he needed me to spot him on the last two sets! I felt so useful! I 'gave him a lift' which means helps him get the weight up initially, then I provided lifting assistance as needed in the final reps. I also counted out loud for him and cheered him on! It was so much fun! He tried to pansy out and lower the weight on the last set, but I insulted his man-ego enough to get him to push through it! Also, this machine is off. I cannot shoulder press 100 lbs anywhere else! I asked Devon if he chose this machine to look beefier and say things like--I can shoulder press 200 lbs. He laughed and said yes.
AA FM Shoulder Press: 4 sets, 8 reps, 40 lbs (45 lbs last set)

At this point, BTOT saw me on the FM Shoulder Press and asked why I was still there (it had been over two hours). I gasped for a breath and exclaimed, 'Because Devon is a freak!'. He thought it was hilarious. I am glad to be BTOT's source of entertainment today.

We then cooled down for 3 minutes on the treadmill and then did a very thorough stretching routine. My body feels kind of amazing. I am sure that will change once the DOMS sets in. :) I am super proud of myself. I did everything with energy. I represented well.

When walking away, I asked Devon if this took longer than usual. He said no. I then asked him if he had fun. He said: 'Fun?!?! It's pain.' I told him I had fun and would lift again with him whenever he wanted. I asked if he was on the market for a new lifting buddy since Seth moved away (remember LCS? Aw... I miss looking at him...creepy...). He said he wasn't *looking* for one, but would lift with me somewhat regularly *if I eat well*. Oh snap, D-Money. You're good. Guess who has a new motivation to stick to her diet!!! THIS GIRL.

Next workout: cardio tomorrow. If I can walk. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment