Friday, October 15, 2010

Lifting Friday

Today I lifted. I felt great again during the entire thing! I *love* working out when I am on the food wagon!!! To be fair, I *love* eating when I am off the wagon. So, it could really go either way daily. :) Currently, Devon's genius is keeping me on track. Recall, I can only friend lift with him if I don't cheat--excellent motivation. Speaking of friend lifting, for those at home dying of suspense for Monday, Devon cannot lift with me on Monday, but told me today and suggested we do next Friday instead. Fine by me! That means, next Wednesday I have a session with Devon, next Friday, we friend lift, then on the following Monday we friend lift again! I won't have to lift by myself for a whole workout week!!!

The lifting for today:

Hack Squats x 3s x 12r @ 300lbs
DB Step-ups x 3s x 12r @ 35lbs

Lying Leg Curls x 3s x 12r @ 90-95lbs (95 lbs)
Waiter's Bow x 3s x 12r @ 35-45lbs (45 lbs)

Dips for Chest x 3s x 12r @ 40lbs assist or less (40 lbs assistance)
Push-ups x 3s x 12r

Seated Rows x 3s x 12r @ 60lbs
Lying Overhead DB Pullover x 3s x 12r @ 25-35lbs (35 lbs)

Seated DB Press x 3s x 12r @15-20lbs (20 lb DBs)
DB Side Raises x 3s x 12r @ 10-15lbs (15 lb DBs)

Standing BB Curls x 3s x 12r @ 45-55lbs (45 lb BB)
Cable Rope Pushdowns x 3s x 12r @ 27.5-37.5 lbs (35 lbs)

Stability Ball Crunch x 3s x 15r
Hanging Leg Raises x 3s x 15r


I had lunch with Amanda F. today. She was telling me about how HCL suggested that she switch to tandem training--that's when you train at the same time as someone else. It is slightly cheaper, but HCL suggested it because she thinks Amanda would really benefit from that environment (Naturally, I considered this for myself and realized that I could never share my 60 minutes of Devon having to listen to me talk...). I was asking her how it went (last night was the first tandem session!). Apparently her new workout partner is a beast! I am impressed. She can leg press 630!!! Also, Amanda commented that HCL was super happy the ENTIRE session. I speculated that it was because she was so pleased the two clients were training together so well. Amanda quickly replied that she thinks it's because Liz can eat carbs again now that the body-building competition is over. I burst out laughing. And she's probably right...

Next workout: ELLIPTICAL AWESOMENESS WITH LYN & HOLLY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment