Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cardio Thursday and Friend Birthday Surprise!

Today was a cardio day. I texted Devon (like he makes me do every day) to remind him I needed an assignment. Nothing. I got to the gym. He was nowhere. I asked HCL where I could find him. He was in a meeting. I sat down and looked as disgruntled as possible for 12 minutes until he arrived. At this point I had an audience of several trainers so as we walked away I tried to 'yell' at him as animatedly as possible. :) He said to do 50 minutes on the Step-Mill all in zone 2.

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 451.1 (Step-Mill)/523 (HR Monitor)
Time: 50:00
Distance: 3.47 miles
Floors: 167
Average Speed: 53 steps per minute
Average HR: 152
Ending HR: 136


I then went off to execute my Secret Birthday Surprise Mission! I brought Double Stuf Oreos, flowers, balloons and ME to my friend, Kimberly's, to surprise her! Or leave it all (except me) on her doorstep in the event she was not home!!! She was! So were her 4 children!!! We hung out for a couple hours and then her husband came home and all 7 of us trucked over to Outback to celebrate! Yes, I invited myself to family birthday dinner. I *am* part of the family--by love, not blood. :)

Steak was DE-LI-CIOUS. My favorite part of the day was when Gracie (the 5 1/2 year old) and I were small-talking in the kitchen. She told me she played soccer and asked me what I did. At first I didn't know how to answer it, so I said, "Um...I run. I run races." She looked disappointed and asked, "That's *all* you do???" I got defensive and replied, "Well, I lift weights too." She then informed me that girls don't lift weights, only boys do. Well then...guess I've been told.

Next workout: lifting tomorrow! No birthday surprises planned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment