Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day After Friend Lifting Day = PAIN DAY

Friend Lifting Day was super fun! So much so, I decided to give myself a secondly reminder of it. You see, every time I moved TODAY, I remembered the fun from yesterday. By way of pain. Oh. My. Word. It hurts. It's definitely good muscle pain, but OW-EEE. As I told Devon when I saw him today, he successfully prodded my ego to get me to lift WAY more weight than I should of. He was quite pleased about this. In a weird way, I sort of am too. My aches are like battle wounds that remind me of my... valor? Yeah...valor. :)

Today's assignment was 50 minutes on the cross-trainer doing {3 minutes Z2, then 2 minutes Z3} intervals. It blew. But I did it. I even hobbled to the stretching area and stretched. Then hobbled to my car. Then my house. And finally, to my couch. Where I currently reside. :)

The stats:

Calories Burned: 638 HR Monitor
Time: 60:00
Distance: 6.91 miles
Ending HR: 130


During our friend lifting time, Devon and I were talking about he proper cool down. ZTT had always said that if you go down 20 bpm in the first two minutes you're heart functions very well. I routinely do this and am proud of this fact. Devon said that according to the official guidance, you should cool down until your heart rate reaches 100 bpm. I told him that is ridiculous and what Zak said about a 20 bpm delta. He said that he was only saying what the official huidance was, i.e. not what he thinks. Today I decided to pay close attention to my cool down HR.

55:00 (end of my workout, beginning of cool down): 172
56:00: 148
57:00: 137
58:00-60:00: wavered between 129-132


Based on this, I am not certain I *can* get down to 100 bpm while still using the cross-trainer. I was going SLOW at the end--so slow the machine kept pausing. And the resistance was on the lowest setting. Oh well, it's sort of what I expected. I am good with a delta of 42. Seems healthy to me! :)

Next workout: ABD session tomorrow. Judging by my pain today, I will most certainly die a painful death that Devon will enjoy every minute of.

No comments:

Post a Comment