Monday, October 11, 2010

Marathon Lifitng Session with Devon #2

Today was my second friend lifting session with Devon. This time it lasted THREE hours. I repeat: The man is a beast. I think it took so long because we did 5 sets of 6 reps each this week. last week we did 4 sets of 8 reps each. Obviously the extra sets took up time. Per usual, I pushed myself and I went hard (because I didn't want to go home and those are apparently the only two options in Devon's world). I am especially impressed with my leg sets. Check them out. you will be too. I assure you. ;)

The lifting:

Leg Set #1 (Glutes and Quads):
45° Leg Press: 320 lbs, 6 reps; 360 lbs, 6 reps; 410 lbs, 6 reps; 450 lbs, 6 reps; 500 lbs, 6 reps (YES! That says 500 lbs!!! I really pushed it and it was worth it! Devon worked from 540 lbs to 775 lbs!!!)
Overhead Lateral Lunges: BW, 6 reps, 5 sets

Leg Set #2 (Glutes and Hamstrings):
BB Deadlifts: 155 lbs, 6 reps, 5 sets (YOWSAS! My previous max was 135 lbs! Devon worked up to 375 lbs!!!)
Standing Leg Curls (Balance): 20 lbs, 6 reps each leg, 5 sets

Back Set #1 (Rhomboids and Rear Delts):
T-Bar Row: 45 lbs, 6 reps, 3 sets; 55 lbs, 6 reps; 65 lbs, 6 reps
AA Standing Cable Row: 27.5 lbs, 6 reps; 35 lbs, 6 reps, 5 sets

Chest Set:
Incline Bench Press: 100 lbs, 6 reps, 5 sets (Devon did 185 lbs!!!)
AA Staggered Stance Standing Cable Press: 22.5 lbs each arm, 6 reps, 5 sets

Back Set #2 (Lats):
Close-Grip Lat Pulldowns: 60 lbs, 6 reps, 3 sets; 65 lbs, 6 reps; 70 lbs, 6 reps
AA FM Lat Pulldowns: 70 lbs, 6 reps, 5 sets

Shoulder Set:
DB Side Raises: 12.5 lb DBs, 6 reps, 5 sets
Standing Shoulder Press: 55 lbs, 6 reps, 4 sets; 65 lbs, 6 reps
During the barbell deadlifts, we were at a rack that faced the wall mirror. So, every time I geared up to deadlift, I checked myself out (like you wouldn't). I kept noticing that my workout pig-tails were super-cute now that I got my haircut! They are like the perfect length. So, around set 4 or 5, I commented about this to Devon. Now, Devon and I talk about a lot. We talk about what I eat, what I think, how I feel, my after work-out plans, my vacations, my friends, boys and many, many other topics. Sometimes he pretends like he doesn't enjoy it, but he is clearly joking. But one thing the man does not tolerate is when I ask him things I, in his words, should only ask my girl friends. Apparently, me asking him if he noticed how cute my workout pig-tails were was one of those things. He quite sternly told me to 'FOCUS ON DEADLIFTING!'. I told him I was focusing but with a gigantic mirror in front of me, what did he expect???

Next workout: running with Amy (and possibly others too!)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment