Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Think It May Be a Pain Week...

Today was a session with ABD. Yes, I was *still* in pain from Monday going *into* the session. The lifting:

Front Squats: 75 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
BB Lunge (pulse): 75 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets

Lying Leg Curls: 90 lbs, 12 reps; 85 lbs, 12 reps, 2 sets
Waiter's Bow: 35 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets

Incline BB Press: 85 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
Flat DB Flyes: 25 lb DBs, 12 resp, 3 sets

T-Bar Rows: 45 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
Lying OH DB Pullover: 35 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets

Standing Military Press: 55 lbs, 12 reps; 45 lbs, 12 reps, 2 sets
BB Upright Rows: OB, 12 reps, 3 sets


I was flat out giggly today. I am talking the *entire* session. Devon laughed a good bit too. I think I also did some hard work, but there was much laughter.

First, Devon got to see the latest (yes, there is a series) "Erin Dance". I ran to get towels to avoid bruising during the front squats. When I came back he was nodding his head to the music in the gym. I said if he was going to dance, so was I! And I did the dance (which Meagan is a *huge* fan of). It involves a steady head with a face that is all business and a body that shakes a groove thang. Yes, it is as amazing as it sounds. Devon's face was so great. Every time I did it (which was multiple times throughout the session, Devon begged me to stop. I think it was just too much for him. After all, he *is* only a man. ;)

Second, Ajay and my infamous sheep video came up. I told Devon about it and I think it may have been the highlight of his day/week/month/life. He was *dying*. I debated whether or not to post it here and decided that I totally should. It is too great to keep inside. It's super old (2006 I think?) so some of you may have already seen it. I am not positive the upload feature will work correctly, so if it doesn't work, sorry!




When doing the chest set, Devon told me to get dumbbells for flat chest flyes. I asked him what weight. He got all pensive and said, "Let's go heavy. 17.5s." I spoke before thinking and said, "Devon. Do you know that I routinely do 20 lb flyes and it is getting fairly EASY???" He grinned (I've learned to hate that grin) and said, "Ok. Get the 25s." "Wha?!?! Not the 22.5s? You just want to jump right up to 25?" "Yes." (Larger grin.) After each set, I slammed the DBs on the ground and said: 'BOOM! Did ya see that, Devon?!? Yeah you did...' The 3rd set was kind of rough and with 2 reps left I was hurting. Devon (who was standing over me at the time) looked like he wanted to come help me. I said, "I don't *need* your help." with appropriate attitude. He laughed and said, "That's what I'll say on the incident report. She. Refused. Help. And, no, I am not sure how much it costs to repair a mouthful of broken teeth." He's funny.

And finally, during the barbell upright rows, I *love* looking at myself in the mirror. It's true. I love the way my shoulders look during this exercise. Every set I'd mention it to Devon. On the last set every rep I said something like: 'Ooo!', 'Nice!', 'Hot!', "Ow! (like a cat call)' or 'Check THAT out, Devon!' He was laughing *at* me at that point. I tried to get him to admit that my shoulders are hot. He wouldn't. I tried again. He said, "You are shaping up nicely." To which I responded in the only appropriate way: "Oh? Devon... *giggle*" He rolled his eyes and told me this is why he can never give me compliments: because I am incapable of receiving them properly. I don't know what he is talking about. ;)

When we were leaving I told him I was extra-giggly today! He said it was because I was in so much pain, giggling is my body's coping mechanism. I think he is right. For serious. Also, at one point I referred to Devon as being crazy for giving me such hard exercises. I also mused that I hadn't been crazy for quite some time now. He speculated that perhaps he was being crazy to fill the gaping hole I left in my recent saneness. :)

Next workout tomorrow, cardio of some sort. Probably with Devon! It's a crazy fun Devon week!

No comments:

Post a Comment