Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"A Whole New Kind of Shaking"

So today was my first one-on-one session with Zak the Trainer (a small bit of housekeeping: my loyal fanbase has requested that I change "ZTT" to "ZtT". Ok, fine. Whatever makes my fans happy.)!

I didn't know what to expect, but it was kind of like what I tried to anticipate. ZtT (See? I'm working the new acronym in...you'll get used to it in no time!) gave me a "Total Body" workout (Nate, you can keep your inappropriate comments to yourself...). We basically went to all the machines and stuff and learned how to use them and found good weights for me.

The circuit (everything is 3 sets of 12 reps):

Cardio Warm-up, 5 minutes
FM Squats, 80 lbs
Chest Press, 35 lbs
Seated Leg Curls, 70 lbs
Compound Row, 65 lbs
Shoulder Press, 20 lbs
Bar Tricep Pushdowns, 22.5 lbs
Bar Bicep Curls, 17.5 lbs
Planks, 30 seconds each
Chest Fly, 45 lbs


Today, this burned me 400 calories. While working out, I noted that sometime I shook while doing the reps. I don't particularly like that. ZtT told me that it was because they were smaller muscle groups that are not worked as much. I commented that the shaking would go down as I built up my muscles. Zak the Trainer then told me that that is when the fun comes in, because he will make me have "a whole new kind of shaking." I only giggled a little. I am proud of myself. ;)

Ok. Now what you are all eagerly waiting for! My workout plan for the week. HOLD ME TO IT, FRIENDS!!!

Wednesday: 45-60 min cardio (incline of 5.0 and maintain zone 2)
Thursday: strength circuit and 30-45 min of cardio (all zone 2 & 3)
Saturday: strength circuit and 30-45 min of cardio (all zone 2 & 3)
Monday: 45-60 min cardio (incline of 5.0 and maintain zone 2)


Also, I will be emailing Zak tonight with all the food I eat. And want to eat. And am willing to eat. He is going to make a food plan for me by Thursday I think (So quick, ZtT! You're the BESTEST!!!).

We're gonna do this!!! YAY! I am starting a pound up from friday, so I am down 38 from my starting weight.

Next appt with Zak the Trainer is Tuesday, Sept 29 at 6pm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment