Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bye Bye Chicken!

I got a new diet plan today!!!! AND...I did the strength circuit and cardio for the first time!!!

The strength circuit wasn't too bad. And I only had to ask Zak the Trainer where ONE machine was... ::grin:: I did:

Cardio Warm-up, 15 minutes (longer than usual since ZTT wanted to talk food plan...)
FM Squats, 80 lbs
Chest Press, 35 lbs
Seated Leg Curls, 70 lbs
Compound Row, 65 lbs
Shoulder Press, 20 lbs
Bar Tricep Pushdowns, 22.5 lbs
Bar Bicep Curls, 17.5 lbs
Planks, 30 seconds each
Chest Fly, 45 lbs


I followed this up with 37 1/2 minutes of cardio (Zak the Trainer said 30-45...the mathematician in me had to go for the middle). I ran some and walked some. My stats:

Calories Burned: 343 (Treadmill)/774 (HR Monitor - this includes the strength circuit as well)
Total Miles: 2.26
Total Time: 37:30 (including cool down)/ 1:32:46 (working out in total)
Ending Heart Rate: 124


I feel good. I know pain is imminent. But not too bad...yet. ;)

Now the DIET PLAN!!!! Zak the Trainer totally hooked me up. He took my current plan, with my comments and feedback and tailored it to something more reasonable than chicken out of a bag ALL THE TIME. As he wrote in one of the comments sections: BYE BYE CHICKEN! (And this is why I go to ZTT...)! Some key changes are: I now get 1800 calories/day vice the 1600 before; I get to eat more fruits (which I LOVE); I get to eat less chicken!!!! Let's say that again: LESS. CHICKEN. I get REAL meats. I have a pork tenderloin in the fridge to cook up on Saturday....and I can hardly wait!!! Let me know if you want my meal breakdown with specifics. I'd be happy to provide it upon request!!!

Next workout: Saturday afternoon. Same as today--strength circuit and 30-45 minutes of zone 2 & 3 cardio...

I feel really good. Really, really good. I needed this change-up... :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that he's got some variety in there! To me, that's one of the hardest things to figure out. My mom jokes that I eat so much chicken that I'm going to grow feathers (as if my hair and makeup routines aren't high maintenance enough ;] ).

    I expect delicious pork tenderloin to be frozen and overnighted to my residence within 24 hrs. of its preparation. Make it so.

    ReplyDelete