Tuesday, September 15, 2009

If I Close My Eyes, Will He Disappear???

The answer is no. He will stand in front of the treadmill with a disappointed look on his face.

So, as some of you may have deduced from my lack of blogs posts, I totally jumped off of the gym-diet bandwagon this week. In a bad way. Baaaaaad way. I ate WHATEVER I wanted. I skipped TEAM both Friday AND Monday. I wasn't even sure about tomorrow or Friday (the last two days of this session).

Driving home from work today, I was a little poopy and thought about going home to my house and being poopy. And didn't want to do that. So I thought, I guess I could go to the gym. It may be good to get out some aggression. And it's not TEAM, so if I want to stop, I will. I will do WHATEVER I FEEL LIKE. I happened to have my gym bag in the car, so I went.

I got on the treadmill and walk inclines for 15 minutes, took a 2 minute active recovery break, then began to run. I ended up running for 15 minutes. A few minutes into it, much to my dismay, Zak the Trainer appeared in front of my treadmill with a smart-alec smile on his face. I closed my eyes, but when I opened them, alas, he was still there. The conversation went like this:

Me: Hi, Zak.
ZTT: Where were you Friday and Monday?
Me: I didn't feel like coming.
ZTT: That's a good reason (I am still not sure if he was sarcastic or not).
Me: Well...you didn't call. You didn't even care (I know, I am *such* a girl).
ZTT: I did too care! I sent you an email.
Me: Nah uh.
ZTT: Yes, I did.
Me: I didn't get it.


He then asked why I didn't feel like coming and I explained that I have somehow lost my edge and motivation and I don't necessarily fault them, I think it is me, but I am wasting my money by not sticking to the diet. We discussed the wasting money thing for a bit ad he had some good points. I told him that I am thinking about not doing TEAM again. He, of course, thought that was a bad idea for me. I explained that I was disappointed he let me whine and pansy out of really doing TEAM this last month and that I need a trainer who can kick my tookus into shape. I cannot do this on my own and I know that. I think I need individual attention and the small group setting doesn't allow me the attention I clearly require (::grin::). I suggested maybe getting a personal session once every two weeks. It will cost the same as TEAM, but I will get the one-on-one care I think I need. We would set out a plan and if I don't stick to it, the next session will be rough! I think I need that kind of motivation. I explained to Zak the Trainer that I wasn't sure if he was the best for me, since I think I need someone who will yell at me and stuff and he's too nice. But that may just be in the TEAM setting. I need someone to say: Get over yourself and do this!!! We discussed the possibility of Kenan, another trainer who can get on you like I might need.

Zak the Trainer ended the conversation by looking me in the eye and saying:

You WILL be at TEAM tomorrow. And I will talk to the other trainers and see who would be a good fit for you. And you WILL come to TEAM Friday. And afterward we are going to sit down and make a plan for you.


He then put his hand out to shake on it.

I hesitated, then shook. I really needed that. I ::heart:: Zak the Trainer. I wonder if he just needed the permission and now will be tougher on me. I now think that maybe he would be good to train with. And, wouldn't you all miss the ZTT stories?!?!

So...I guess I am going tomorrow...and Friday...and will keep you posted on my decisions.

Seriously, and I have said it before, you guys are the reason I am still here. Your support is amazing. I probably wouldn't have gone to the gym tonight without your comments and "likes" and emails. For serious. You rock!

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 338 (Treadmill)/388 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 2.18
Total Time: 38:00 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 134

No comments:

Post a Comment