Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thoughts for My Consultation....

Hello Blog Readers! I am meeting with Zak the Trainer after TEAM tomorrow. We are planning out my next three months of Erin/ZTT fun!!! I am *really* excited. REALLY excited. New things are always fun! I am going into the meeting well prepared with what I want/expect from him and from myself. I want to outline it all here to: 1) have it outlined somewhere; 2) make sure I didn't miss anything; and 3) make sure my demands are reasonable. You're feedback is very much so appreciated.

I found a deal on the Lifetime Fitness website that gives you 3 personal training session for $99. It is for "new customers" where the definition of a "new customer" is someone who has not purchased personal training in the last 30 days. My last TEAM payment was on August 20th, so I think I should be good--but you just never know about the fine print. If I can get that deal, I plan on 3 weekly sessions, then the big switch to bi-weekly. I really think this will be a good intro to get into working out on my own before going the whole 14 days alone. My current plan is:

Monday, Sep 21 (one week)
Monday, Sep 28 (one week)
Monday, Oct 5 (begin two week intervals, I will be in Italy Oct 9-19)
Tuesday, Oct 20
Monday, Nov 2
Monday, Nov 16
Monday, Nov 30
Monday, Dec 7 (only one week from the last session)


This will cost me roughly the same amount as TEAM would have. I may move the one week break to the middle of the period to keep me in line. Unsure, gonna check with Zak. If the deal does not apply, I will go bi-weekly.

What I expect from the Erin/ZTT dynamic duo:

1) A new diet plan. I need a change up. For serious.
2) At the end of each session, plan out ALL workouts for the in between time in detail. This could be something like, Do a particular workout either Tuesday or Wednesday. There can be some flexibility, but I need boundaries. Nothing like do this 3 times this week. That won't work for me.
3) At some point each session, review my food journal for the time in between.


What I expect from ZTT:

1) Varied workouts that keep me interested and teach me new things.
2) Tough love, when necessary.
3) Know if I am blowing this off before the two weeks is up. If he doesn't see me periodically at the gym, call me or email me. I know this may sound like above and beyond his duties...but I want it. I am sure he can see if I swipe in or not. Maybe this is asking too much. I feel like you all could serve in this capacity in lieu of him. I could post the workout plan that we make and if you don't see my posts in accordance with it, get on me about it!
4) Not EVERY time, but sometimes I want him to workout with me. Is that weird? I don't think so...
5) If I do not stick to the plan we created the session before, I want the current session to be hard on me. I want to be motivated by fear of a TOUGH workout...


What I expect from me:

1) I will blog post. Even if I jump off the bandwagon. I will be honest and forthcoming with every aspect of this journey.
2) I will workout according to the plan, unless I am physically incapable.
3) I will stick to the food plan. I am allowing some corner cutting from time to time, since no one is perfect--but I will have an attitude of success in this area.
4) Witty banter and funny ZTT stories. :)


So, friends...Questions? Comments? Concerns? I really value your feedback!!!

2 comments:

  1. In the infinite wisdom of Ghostbuster Peter Venkman, "I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it!" 'Cuz you know I am an *awesome* cheerleader!

    How funny would it be if I (a) actually got to visit Maryland (b) came with you to the gym to meet the infamous ZTT (c) dressed as your *Personal Cheerleade* - and you know I would be WELL prepared - pom-poms, sparkle makeup, and all!

    I'm on TEAM ERIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With you as my cheerleader, I can do anything.

    (We just had a moment. FYI)

    ReplyDelete