Saturday, September 5, 2009

This Workout is Dedicated to the Lovely Andrea Richie.

This morning I was in bed, all warm and snuggly under my covers, when my phone alerted me (@ 7:52 am) that there was a text! From none other than the lovely Andrea Richie... We had a fun chat conversation for a bit, when Andrea texts: What active type thing r u doing today?

What immediately goes through my head is: <censored>! I was going to workout out today. But when will I fit it in? Hmm...maybe I won't. No, no I should. And Andrea is even asking me about it. <fist shaking in air>Annn-dreeeee-aaaaaa!<\fist shaking in air> I should really go. It *is* butt-early. I do have time before my first pre-scheduled engagement of the day. Ok! I'LL DO IT! I responded with: Unsure. Maybe gym.

And that's just what I did. I went to the gym and did the treadmill for an hour. Again, inclines for the first 30 minutes, then a long active recovery portion since Marina called and I chatted with her whilst zone 2-ing it. Then I ran for twenty minutes!!!! The breakdown is as follows:

Incline: 2.0; Speed: 4.5 mph; 5 minutes/0.375 miles
Incline: 1.0; Speed: 4.5 mph; 2.5 minutes/0.1875 miles
Incline: 1.0; Speed: 4.2 mph; 2.5 minutes/0.175 miles
Incline: 0.0; Speed: 4.2 mph; 5 minutes/0.35 miles
Incline: 0.0; Speed: 4.0 mph; 5 minutes /0.333... miles
Total Miles: 1.4208333... miles!!!


I will also note that I cranked it up to 5.5 mph for the final 10 seconds... :)

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 592 (Treadmill)/695 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 3.59
Total Time: 65:00 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 146

No comments:

Post a Comment