Monday, August 24, 2009

Zak the Trainer Said I'm No Fun...

Today was weigh-in day! I lost 3 pounds! For a net total of 37 pounds...oh, 40 pounds, I can taste ya! Next week? I hope so... We'll see... During the weigh-in Zak the Trainer asked me if I stuck to the food plan over the weekend. I informed him that I did not, because, yes, Saturday (in PA for jeep competition), Sunday (in PA off-roading) AND Monday (forgot my lunch at home, 'doh!) I was unable to, but I did make good food choices and did the best I could. He then told me that I was no fun because he always *wants* to give me a hard time when I miss the diet plan, but I always lose pounds, so he can't. That's right, Zak the Trainer. I am that good.

I'm still making friends in class *sarcasm*. Per usual, ZTT asked if we had anything fun planned this week (he really needs to get some new things to small talk about...) and I said that tomorrow I am watching the original Star Wars trilogy, as I had never seen it before. He reacted as most do with shock and judgment and asked how old I was. With a smile I said, 28. He then asked how I had never seen Star Wars in 28 years. I told him (and the class) what I tell everyone: Because I am not a loser. ZTT then told me I was probably making enemies in the class with that line and I won't be able to make friends if I keep this up. I told him that that ship sailed a while ago. :)

The workout was good today. But it was short because of weigh-in I did not get on the treadmill until after 6pm, so class was done and I was only 51 minutes into my 60 minute (plus 5 minute cool-down allocation) session. I was feeling good and had been jogging for 30 seconds to a minute at this point, so I stayed on and ran until the 60 minutes was up. I felt great and could have even maybe kept going! Rock on, me!

The Stats:

Calories Burned: 637 (Treadmill)/552 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 3.33
Total Time: 63:00 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 126

No comments:

Post a Comment