Thursday, August 20, 2009

Park View Trails Pool Time

I decided to swim at the community pool today. I went armed with a book in case it was overtaken by children...which to some degree it was at first. So I read a chapter in Captivating--excellent book!

Then, it cleared up a bit so I swam laps at the far end of the pool. I swam for a total of 30 minutes in 1:30 intervals. So I swam for a minute, rested for 30 seconds, repeat. This gave me roughly 20 minutes of swimming and 10 minutes of resting. No too bad a workout, at least according to my shoulders...they are sore. :)

2 comments:

  1. I assume, of course, that you sang snippets from "The Little Mermaid" soundtrack during your 30 second breaks?...

    "SOMMMME-DAAAAY I'll beeeee...
    parrrt of yourrrr..."
    _[wave crashing in the background]
    "WORRRRRR..."
    _[/wave crashing in the background]
    __[orchestra music swell]
    ___[wind-whipped hair swirl]
    "...RRRRRRLLLLLD!!!"
    ___[/wind-whipped hair swirl]
    __[/orchestra music swell]

    ReplyDelete