Friday, August 14, 2009

"We Missed You, Erin"

Back to TEAM today!!!! Recall that I went to TEAM early on Monday. On Tuesday evening, I swam laps in the hotel pool in Tampa for about 20 minutes. It was a light workout, but a workout nonetheless.

I went back to TEAM. Didn't want to go, but I went. As I was walking from work to my car I could not recall if I remembered my gym bag. I hoped and hoped and hoped that I did forget it...but alas, I did not. I couldn't just skip the gym--I would let down all my peeps (BTW, I would like to take this moment to thank everyone who "likes" these notes and my statuses and comments...you truly are essential to my success!)!!!! So, I went. And I was all whiny inside.

But! Like always. Once I started, I rocked it! And I felt great! I didn't hold on at all. I didn't reduce speeds to lazy speeds. I kicked tookus!!!!

My Stats:
Calories Burned: 544 (Treadmill)/531 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 2.76
Total Time: 56:54 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 121
I signed up for a massage next Monday after TEAM (Thanks, Vyas family!!!)

I also had a minor breakthrough. I was having a rough-ish day on Thursday and rather than eat while I was upset--which was tempting--I bought myself a Coach purse!!! I traded one addiction for another...and boy! does it feel gooooooood. :)

Funny story from class today. New-ish trainer Brandon is going to take our class with us during the last week in August. (He may teach a TEAM class next cycle and the rules say he has to take some of it). Zak the Trainer wanted to split his push-ups he has to do with New-ish Trainer Brandon. I suggested they race. Zak the Trainer loved this idea. I informed Zak the Trainer that, as the official class push-up counter (yes, I am...), I would be happy to defraud the contest and help Zak the Trainer win. As I told Zak the Trainer--we're a family and "we're thick as thieves!" I think Zak the Trainer was flattered, although I never got the chance to prove my devotion because Newish Trainer Brandon totally pansied out. Laaaaaame.

So, you may be wondering what the title of this post is all about. Well, I was asking Zak the Trainer when we would run at the end of class again. It went something like this:

Me: Zak, when will we run at the end of class again?
ZTT: Umm, it's week...7? Probably week 10ish.
Me: ::sigh:: Oooo-kaaaaay.
Woman Next To Me: Run?!?!
ZTT: Light jogging, really.
Me (to the woman): It's waaaaaay better than all the laaaa-aaaame hills.
ZTT: We missed you, Erin.


Yes, yes you did. And I missed YOU, Zak the Trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment