Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Swimming in the Sunshine!

Today, between appointments, I swam laps in my community pool! I love swimming in the sunshine! I did the same this as last Thursday: 30 minutes, swim 1 minute, rest 30 seconds, repeat. And, yes, Filly, I did reenact various scenes from the Little Mermaid. Ok. I didn't. But I totally should have. I walked in past a sleeping lifeguard/id checker to a pool all to myself. If ever there were a time to belt out Part of your World, this was it. ::sigh:: I missed it.

Also, on a devastating note, I had an appointment with my vascular surgeon today, aka the best doctor ever, aka the doctor I listen to over all other doctors, is moving to Oregon. So sad. I may have called him a jerk. But I think it was clear it was from my pain. I need to check in with *a* vascular surgeon once a year (so next August) and asked if I could fly to Oregon to do that. He said sure. I was joking, but maybe I was onto something (could I use sick leave for the flights???). He did recommend another doctor at Johns Hopkins: Dr. James Black. I will contact him next year...I suppose. I said bye and thanked him for saving my life..and then he was gone... ::sigh:: Something interesting is that he thinks I only need to be on Coumadin for 2 years (i.e. 1.5 more years). I am going to look into this cause that would be AWESOME.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you should travel to Oregon without adult supervision. And, as your elder, I think I should be the adult to go with you. (Plus, you'll need me to help choreograph and direct the rest of the plane travelers in the "Under the Sea" dance number that we'll make them do. ;] )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...my need for a chaperone was obvious. And yes, yes of course you are in. However, I would prefer to have the plane perform "Kiss the Girl". It really lends itself to a large group of diverse individuals...

    ReplyDelete