Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New Roommate FTW!!!

::long sigh::

So, today was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Well, perhaps I am being a touch over-dramatic. But it was yicky. I had back to back to back meetings. Also, I am on leave tomorrow and Friday for Chrysalis. Then I go on a business trip (to Tampa!...rough, I know) from Monday to Wednesday. I had to get my regular work done, get ready for the business trip, and deal with putting out fires. At 2pm, while driving to one of my many meetings, I realized that my gym bag was not in my car. Oh noes! I left it at home. And this meeting goes til 4pm! And I have to go back to my desk and close up! And! And! And! There's not enough time! "There's no time! There's no time! There's NEVER enough time!!!" So...maybe I should just skip it. I am tired. I am stressed. I have SO much to do. I could go tomorrow morning. Will I go tomorrow morning? I don't know what to do!

But then, like a lightbulb going *ding* above my head, I thought: Elyse has the day off! Maybe she can bring me my gym bag... So I called her, and she could AND SHE DID! New roommate FTW!!!! Yet another near-skip averted. Slippery Slope: 0, Erin: 2.

I played my music again today (in one ear only, of course) and I also did not want to be there, so I went it with an attitude of just getting it done. I noticed something though. I work so much harder when I am gritting my teeth and wanting to just get through it. I feel like lately I have been a bit lazy--slowing my speeds a little, holding onto the treadmill a lot, taking breaks during the band and weight exercises or doing them half-heartedly. Monday and today, I was all in. I really pushed it. I am not sure if it is my inner rage or bitterness for having to be there when I feel so blah or the music, but I was a machine. This is definitely a good thing. I need someone to anger me or stress me out before every TEAM workout. ;)

My Stats:

Calories Burned: 552 (Treadmill)/570 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 2.87
Total Time: 60:03 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 120

No comments:

Post a Comment