Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Zak the Trainer Does Not Support My Weight Loss Goals

Hello! I started off the TEAM session today telling Zak the Trainer what I *thought* was some good news! I told him that I am going mountain biking after work tomorrow. I expected an outpouring of support and encouragement--after all, I was finding creative ways to exercise outside of the gym. But no--I did not receive this response, rather, Zak the Trainer said:

Ugh! You'd better not come in here Friday all injured or with cuts.


Really, Zak the Trainer?!?? REALLY?!!? So I informed him that he did not support my weight loss goals. And (would you believe it?) he had a pretty good comeback:

I, as your trainer, am supportive of your LONG TERM weight loss goals. If you were to get injured while mountain biking you would not be able to work out for weeks.


I was stumped. Touché, Zak the Trainer, Tou-ché.

My stats:

Calories Burned: 550 (Treadmill)/567 (HR Monitor)
Total Miles: 2.77
Total Time: 57:41 (including cool down)
Ending Heart Rate: 134


So, for the biking. My facebook friend and co-worker, Greg, has invited me along on what he claims to be a newbie bike ride. Through mountains. And "at least one stream crossing." I have not ridden a bike since I was 15. It is very embarrassing to go to school your sophomore year of high school with your eye swollen shut and cuts on your chin because you fell off of your bike. But I digress. I am borrowing a bike from...someone...I don't really know, Greg procured it for me. And my friend, Lisa, is giving me a helmet to use. So...I guess I am ready. I know it has been 13 years since I have ridden a bike, but I assume it's like...riding a bike! MWA AH AH AHA HA HA HA AH. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment