Thursday, July 23, 2009

I Ate It...And I am NOT Talking About Cake...

So--mountain biking. Really FUN! Really good exercise! Really nice day!!! And, yes, I ate it. I ate it within the first 5 minutes. While turning right. With the rest of my peeps waiting for me to come around the corner. Watching... But my friends are awesome! And Greg utilized the opportunity to teach the group how to fall appropriately. ::embarrassed grin::

Today I rode a bike:

+ for the first time in 13 years;
+ off of the road for the first time in a looooong time, if not ever;
+ over tree roots;
+ through mud;
+ through a stream...twice!;
+ up many hills (ok...confession: I walked up most hills);
+ down many hills; and
+ down a very steep hill!

I am so, so, so, so, so proud of me! I am glad I ate it in the beginning because it allowed me to get the fear of falling out of my system--no need to fear that I might embarrass myself and fall when I already have! Also, I did it! And it is something new!

Now, pictures of the damage (which didn't hurt too bad when I fell, or while riding...but once the adrenaline left my system and I stop moving it began to hurt quite a bit...but nothing I can't handle!):



I should mention that I am making my "tough girl" face here. Not wincing in pain as some may have thought. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment